Root Canal Treatment in Gurgaon
Best RCT in Gurgaon
Root canal is a treatment to repair and save a badly damaged or infected tooth instead of removing it. The term “root canal” comes from cleaning of the canals inside a tooth’s root
Why do you need a Root Canal in Gurgaon?
The outer portion of the tooth is composed of three layers- Enamel, Dentin and Pulp. Until the cavity is limited to the enamel or/and dentin it can be saved with a dental filling. The soft core is called dental pulp. The pulp extends from the crown — the visible part of the tooth — to the tip of the tooth’s root in the jawbone. The pulp contains nerves, blood vessels and connective tissue. When a tooth is cracked or has a deep cavity, bacteria can enter the pulp. Left untreated, bacteria and decaying material can cause a serious infection or a tooth abscess, leading to pulp death, bone loss and loss of the tooth itself.
Signs & Symptoms
How to clear the root canal infection?
After the diseased pulp is removed, the pulp chamber and root canals are flushed and cleaned. The root canals are then reshaped and enlarged to allow better access for filling later. Before permanently filling the root canals, they should be clean of all infection and dried. Medication is sometimes put into the pulp chamber and root canal to clear any infection. The tooth may be left open to drain for several days.
If the root canal requires multiple visits, a temporary filling is placed in the crown to protect the tooth and keep out debris and saliva.
What are root canals filled with?
• After cleaning and drying, it’s time to fill the interior of the tooth — the empty pulp chamber and root canals.
• A sealer paste and rubber compound is used to fill the tooth, followed by a dental filling to make sure the root canals are protected from saliva.
How is a root canal treated tooth protected?
• The final stage of the root canal is restoring your tooth. Because the tooth typically has a large filling or is weakened from extensive decay, it needs to be protected from future damage and returned to normal function.
• This is usually done by placing a crown — a realistic-looking artificial tooth. Sometimes, a metal post must first be inserted in the tooth for structural support and to keep the crown in place.
Painless Root Canal
Root Canal Treatment is a procedure done when the tooth decay reaches the pulp (innermost layer of the tooth) causing inflammation. It is necessary to save the damaged tooth from extraction. The procedure involves:
• Removal of inflamed or infected tooth material
• Cleaning and disinfection
• Filling and sealing with an inert material
• Restoration and crown/cap
Meet Root Canal Specialist in Gurgaon Dr. Rishi Dhanda
Dr. Rishi Dhanda is a senior Dental Surgeon in practice for the last 24 years. He is successfully running 3 private dental clinics in Gurgaon and Delhi. He passed out from KLE College of Dental Sciences, Belgaum, Karnataka in the year 1996. Dr. Dhanda then went on to earn his Diploma in Aesthetic Dentistry from New York University in the year 2000. Dr. Dhanda is one of the foremost Implantologist of Gurgaon, Delhi/NCR, performing complex Dental Implant Surgeries, including digitally guided ones, for well over 17 years, with over 2600 Implant placements.
He is also credited with being one of the earliest practitioners of Single Visit Root Canal Treatments in Gurgaon, starting from the year 2002.