TMJ Disorder Treatment in Gurgaon
Request a Call Back
TMJ Specialist in Gurgaon
These are the disorders associated with TMJ i.e. Temporomandibular Joint. This is a very important hinge type of joint that allows the complex movements necessary for life. TMJ is formed by the relation of our Mandible to the base of our skull. It is located in the front of the ear on the side of our face. This system of Temporomandibular joint is made up of TMJ, teeth and soft tissue. The soft tissues comprise of jaw muscles and the nerves associated with them.
Any disharmony caused in the functioning of the complex system of Muscles, Bones and Joints may cause Temporomandibular joint disorder.
SYMPTOMS OF TMJ DISORDERS
Since these TMJ is associated with both hard and soft structures the symptoms can be involving the different parts of the assembly.
SOFT TISSUE SYMPTOMS. (Myofascial pain)
- Headaches/ Migraines
- Pain spreading behind the eyes, on the face, shoulder, neck or back
- Pain or ringing in the Ears (not caused by infection of the inner ear canal)
- Gum bleeds despite of god oral hygiene
- Unexplained TOOTH ACHES
- NUMBNESS OR TINGLING feelings in the fingers
HARD TISSUE SYMPTOMS
INTERNAL DERANGEMENT OF JOINT
DEGENERATIVE JOINT DISEASES
- JAW DISCOMFORT OR SORENESS (common in the morning or late afternoon)
- CLICKING OR POPPING OF JAW
- LIMITED MOUTH MOVEMENTS (TRISMUS)
- GENERALISED ATTRITION OF TEETH
- CLENCHING OR GRINDING OF TEETH (BRUXISM)
- TEETH SENSIVITY WITHOUT AN ORAL DISEASE
- EROSIONS AT THE NECK OF TEETH
- DISHARMONY IN THE WAY UPER AND LOWER TEETH FIT TOGETHER
- INEFFICIENT OR UNCOMFORTABLE CHEWING
CAUSES FOR TMD
In 95% of cases of TMD the wrong relation of teeth in the upper jaw to the teeth in lower jaw can cause these problems. In other words when there are occlusal interferences i.e. one or more teeth are making premature contact with each other before the other teeth do.
- Occlusal or Bite Issues
- DAMAGE TO THE SURFACE OF TEETH DUE TO NEGLECT OR INJURY
- Sometimes lost/missing teeth or even mobile teeth can lead to poor alignment of upper and lower jaw.
- Erosion or wrong movement of the disk.
- Injury or blow to the joint
- Infections in the jaw
- Wear and Tear of the cartilage of joint.
DIAGNOSIS OF TMJ DISORDERS
- THOROUGH MEDICAL AND DENTAL HISTORY
- PHYSICAL EXAMINATION where the dentist examines the joints to the muscles associated with it. Also can check the range of the motion of the jaw.
- INTRA ORAL EXAMINATION to see if any teeth are missing or malaligned or rotated.
- IMAGING TESTS like OPG, CBCT, MRI of the joint can be used to diagnose its diseases.
TREATMENT OF TMJ DISEASES IN GURGAON
Treatment of TMJ depends upon the symptoms and mainly on treating the causes which could be Dental, Muscular or stress. Various means of treating TMD’s are
- DEPROGRAMMER/ NIGHT GUARD
- SPLINTS OR ORTHOTIC APPLICANCES which guide the jaw, ligaments and muscles into better alignment.
- Corrective Dental Treatment
- Stress management
- Application of hot or cold packs to relieve pain and inflammation.
- Surgery which should be the last resortif the jaw can’t be stabilized by any other mean
Meet the TMJ Specialist in Gurgaon
A Graduate of PUNE UNIVERSITY, Dr Richa Dhanda started her private practice in 1997 and has experience of more than 20 years.
Dr Richa has a keen interest in the problems of TMJ and has been working continuously to help patients with TMD issues. She has specialised in TMJ diseases(Temporomandibular Joint Diseases) and has been treating patients with unexplained Facial pains,Ear pain , headaches.caused due to disharmony between Teeth,Joints and Muscles. Correction of BITE and Occlusal problems with Orthotic Appliances, without surgical intervention is her area of expertise.
She is a life long learner and participates in numerous Continuing Education Courses each year to keep herself abreast with latest advancements in dentistry.
Dr Richa also maintains memberships with a number of Professional organisations including
Progressive Orthodontics Seminars USA, Indian Dental Association,Dental Surgeons Association of India, Vasanth Dental Learn.
Dr Richa is a passionate dentist who strives to provide the very best and gentle care to all her patients,from Kids to Grandparents and anyone in between, from simple procedures to full mouth rehabilitation using all the modalities of Dentistry.
Best Root Canal Treatment in Gurgaon
I had heard about Dr Tushita Singh and her Invisalign practice but wanted more options for invisible braces,she suggested flash aligners and I’m loving the results. I can confidently say she’s the best Invisalign specialist in Gurgaon.
Dr.Dhanda is extremely thorough with dentistry and has been our family doctor for a while. He is gentle during the treatment, which makes dental visits a LOT less scary. Also, has all the latest treatments and a clean clinic.
Everyone was fantastic. The dentists and staff were very professional, supportive, and informative during my entire process. 10/10 would recommend setting up your dental journey under the guidance of Dr. Richa.
I visited Dental Centre India for Invisalign and it was done by Dr Tushita Singh. I would say Dr Tushita Singh is the best Invisalign specialist in Gurgaon and dental centre India as one of the best dental clinic on Golf Course Road Gurugram.